Sadly, the NFT NYC conference took place at the beginning of what looks like a crypto bear market. The industry was blowing up when the estimated 15.000 attendees bought the tickets, which ranged between $599 and $1999. When June 20th arrived, most of their portfolios were probably down and tending towards disaster. That didn’t stop the party, though. Let’s check out the highlights of the three days of madness as reported by a horde of pseudonymous Twitter users.
We will also use this CNBC report as a source, to give legitimacy to our article. They described the scene as follows:
“Inside the Marriott Marquis nearby, where the conference has rented six floors, crowds packed the hallways, flanked by vendors taking up almost all available floor space. Many in the crowd, mostly men ranging from teens to late 30s, were in a perpetual state of pitching their idea for how to improve on what they all seem to agree is the future of art and digital collectibles.”
However, to paint a clearer picture, we need photos and videos.
ETH price chart for 06/25/2022 on Binance | Source: ETH/USD on TradingView.com
The NFT NYC Conference – The Good
Since Bitcoinist is a positive publication, let’s start by giving credit where credit’s due. Click here for the negative part.
- The Cool Cats NFT collection put together Cooltopia, the best-looking NFT exhibit in the whole NFT NYC conference. Also, the more fun-looking.
— NickyBeaster (@NickyBeaster) June 23, 2022
They had a game going on in which you could earn exclusive prizes. “Love this free event to the public where you can collect points and claim merch!,” tweeted Michaela. She’s going to be one of this NFT NYC report’s protagonists.
— MICHAELA @ NFT NYC (@michaela_nft) June 22, 2022
- Infamous NFT collector Cozomo de’ Medici put together an art exhibit with the greatest pieces from his multi-million-dollar collection. Using a billboard in Times Square. Pictured is a Bored Ape Yacht Club derivate made by no other than supermodel Heidi Klum. “While it’s always exciting for me to see my face on a billboard, it’s even more exciting for me to see my painting up there!,” she tTweeted.
I included one pfp in this year’s exhibition, because it had a special personal touch: hand-embellishing by one of the great creators of our time, @heidiklum!
To the power of derivatives, and the connection that comes from making art your own 🍷⚔️❤️🔥 https://t.co/ZKBhmiZVmy
— Cozomo de’ Medici (@CozomoMedici) June 24, 2022
World Of Women artist Yam Karkai was also part of NFT NYC and of this exhibit.
— Yam – in NYC 📍 (@YKarkai) June 20, 2022
And in this simple animation, you can see all of the art pieces from the de’ Medici collection that were part of the exhibit.
I went to capture Birth of Luci by @SamSpratt as a part of #TheMediciCollection exhibition in Times Square, I ended up making these.
Artists:@XCOPYART @artblocks_io@tylerxhobbs@ryan_talbot_@PasanenJenni@luispon_c@deekaymotion@heidiklum pic.twitter.com/QdWpME6n7k
— Caleb Lee Adams (@calebleeadams) June 23, 2022
- The Curated collection by Nouns DAO also put together a similar exhibition. Click on the tweet to see more.
Chromie Squiggle by @ArtOnBlockchain
(Yes, Squiggles move) pic.twitter.com/QJT178EY24
— Curated ⌐◨-◨ (@curatedxyz) June 22, 2022
- Meme Connoisseur Thread Guy gave NFT NYC this glowing review: “Web3 is the dopest space in the world. There’s so much love in the community and it’s surreal meeting people that are fans of my content & support me daily.”
NFT NYC thoughts: Web3 is the dopest space in the world. There’s so much love in the community and it’s surreal meeting people that are fans of my content & support me daily. Y’all are amazing and I love you. Fuck your bear market 🤝
— ThreadGuy.eth 👑 @NFT NYC (@notthreadguy) June 24, 2022
- The Goblin Town collection is barely one month old and is already the talk of the… town. Arguably, they were the protagonists of the NFT NYC conference. Both in a good way and in a bad way. Let’s start with the good, they had a food truck distributing free food all over Manhattan.
yeah but were y’all feeding the entire NFT community + the streets for free all week? 👀 pic.twitter.com/O5X7XGxHEB
— Cold (@coldxbt) June 24, 2022
At one point, they parked it in front of a McDonald’s. That’s hilarious.
😂 they parked outside McDonald’s https://t.co/0tmBIXpOLM
— Harvey (@HarveysNFT) June 24, 2022
- As a result of their endeavors in the real world, the Goblin Town collection was the NFT NYC big winner in the virtual world
Looking at some data post @NFT_NYC reveals @goblintownwtf is a winner. Feels like the event is a way for new projects to show how “serious” they are and goblins did that. 1/4 pic.twitter.com/ib8oGf2lq1
— ElBarto_Crypto (@ElBarto_Crypto) June 24, 2022
- This newspaper that Michaela holds and reads “NFTs are dead. Go back to work sheep” is hilarious. The Bored Ape Yacht Club statue, not so much.
— MICHAELA @ NFT NYC (@michaela_nft) June 24, 2022
Click here for The Bad and The Ugly side of the NFT NYC conference.
Featured Image: Cooltopia screenshot from this video| Charts by TradingView
Credit: Source link